Check out my Etsy shop!

Monday, April 26, 2010

Fun with felted wool!

Try saying fun with felted felt 3 times.
   I have been experimenting with some different ways to use the felted wool. This bag was made from  felted wool and I tried different sized circles to make the flowers. What is it about flowers?  You just have to accent everything you make with some version of a flower? (well, anyway I do.)
When you make a bag you have to have plenty of pockets so I made a large one to go on the back.

Here is the close up of the different designs that I used with my sewing machine. All of the sewing is done with a straight stitch and the embroidery was done by hand with black embroidery floss and of course cute little buttons.I stitched all of the same color at the same time so you don't have to keep switching the colors of your thread. Have the design ahead of time in your head or on paper and then just cut out simple circles, leaf shapes, and narrow strips for the stems.
Then add the starburst flowers with your embroidery thread and add a little button to make the teeny flowers.I lined it with black cotton and made several pockets inside. I then used a magnetic closure to close it!
I like the way the colors turned out with this bag and it is amazing what you can put together by putting simple shapes together!

Have a Happy Monday!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

As always, very cute! I love that you put a lot of pockets in there. Definitely a must for my bags.

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

Oh my gosh! I loooove this! another well done project!

Melissa said...

Beautiful work...love all the detail in the flower...

Birth Certificate said...

Name change in LIC Policy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails