Check out my Etsy shop!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Monsters

For some gifts for my grand kids I made this label to go on a bottle to help rid their bedrooms of monsters at night and I wanted to share it with you!  You are welcome to use this for your kids as well.

I found this linen water at the store and decided this would be perfect for my monster spray because it wouldn't leave any marks on the bedding and it would make the room smell good.

I just removed the label and replaced it with my own.

I had been working on some pj's for the grand kids as well and the shirts had monsters on them! ( I don't know if that was such a good idea after I had made them, I was afraid they might get scared!) That is why I came up with the idea of the monster spray.  Then I decided that I should make some little monsters for them to put to bed at night.  I made the little monsters out of felt and embroidered the design on the felt. 

Then I made a little box to put the monster bed in with a little pillow and blankie!

Go to sleep monster!

I have quite a few grand kids so I had to make a lot of monsters.

Just one for my grand daughter, (isn't she sassy! )

another monster...

oh, no, another one!

They are quite addicting once you start, I was thinking I should have made a monster hotel!

This one is a little angry.

Go to bed little monster.
I mod podged the fabric to the boxes and made the little pillows and blankies out of the same fabric.

Here are the PJ shirts I made to go with the little monsters.
One for Carson...

One for Lincoln...

One for Tydon...

One for Layne with his little "stuffy".

One for Bryce...

One for Kace...

One for Evan...
and of course one for McKenly...

Here is her monster bed.

Go to sleep monster!

I added some slippers and had no idea what a hit the slippers would be.
Here it is on.

I found some monster slippers to go with the monster shirts and they all turned into monsters!
So, if you are afraid of monsters you might want to make you some monster spray to keep them away at night. When Mr. Jones is gone sometimes those monsters keep me up at night, so I better make some more for myself, besides it will make my bedding smell great!

20 comments:

Nancy said...

I love the Go To Sleep Monster Beds. Those little monsters are so cute! If that's what monsters look like I don't need to be scared, LOL!
If my kids ever get a fear of Bed Monsters I will definitely be making these!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh man, now I am jealous that my kiddos didn't get them. They are so cute!!

Unknown said...

these are soo adorable!

Paxton said...

I LOVE the "go to bed monsters" They are so cute and the idea that they go to sleep too should be good enough to help my kids sleep!
(Although I may have to make that monster spray too!)

Megan @ These Are Some Good Times said...

Oh my goodness ! These little monsters are so cute ! I hope you will share on at my new party, Some Good Stuff: http://some-good-times.blogspot.com/2012/01/some-good-stuff-1.html

Megan

Janel from NellieBellie said...

Love the monster spray...what a great idea! And those monsters in their own little box...how cute is that?

Sarah said...

The "go to sleep" boxes are adorable. I love how the monsters look; it'd be hard to be afraid of those cute guys.

DearHelenHartman said...

That's a brilliant idea - I know some adults who'd love to tuck their 'monsters' in for the night or keep them away with a spray. Your monsters are adorable but your grands are adorable-er. First visit to your blog and it's so fun.

Wendy said...

Fantastic! What brilliant ideas, love the little go to bed monsters!

Chrissy said...

The monsters are brilliant. What a great idea.

Catrin said...

Love those monsters. I think these are so great for kids. I'm sure they'll treasure those for a very long time.
Thanks for sharing.
Greetings from Germany
Catrin
P.S. Found you through the http://chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com/ Link party

Memo Box said...

What a great idea and so cute!

Anonymous said...

How very very cute. Makes me wish for more little (grand)monsters of my own!

Jami said...

Oh my goodness! Everything in this monster series is precious! Thanks for sharing at the Tuesday To Do Party!
Smiles!
Jami
www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

Q @ JAQS said...

I featured you today at JAQS Studio :)

http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2012/01/made-by-me-13-linky-party-and-features.html

Kristy said...

Gracious these are cute!!!!!!! I can't pick a favorite!

Katie said...

This is adorable! Love the concepts!

Crafty Mischief said...

This is great! When my kids were younger I used to fill up a spray bottle with a little lavender oil in it and we'd call it monster spray. I bet your grandkids love it!

First Time Mommy said...

Can I buy the monsters in the monster bed?? I don't sew.

First Time Mommy said...

Can I buy the monsters in the monster bed?? I don't sew.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails