Check out my Etsy shop!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Pumpkins!

I am still in the decorating mode and I wanted to make some white pumpkins! I had plenty of orange ones so I just used those and of course used my trusty spray paint to make them the color I wanted. I sprayed them an ivory because they looked much more natural.
I put some round stickers on them before painting them and then pulled them off and I then had my orange circles already made!
I cut out some felt circles of different sizes. I glued the felt circles to a block of wood and used them like a stamp by dipping them in the paint. I made the rest of the dots black and purple! I then painted the stems a lighter green because the white spray paint had covered the original color.
So Welcome to my decorated dining room! This sign is made out of black and white felt and I found it for 1/2 price at Shopko!
 I sat the large pumpkins on some black caldron's to add some height. I left them white and decorated them with black, white, and purple ribbon.
 I had an old green vine garland that I spray painted black and intertwined  a black shiny garland through it.
                               I added a spider to the top of the pumpkin.
  I needed an old crow in the middle of the pumpkins, he just is sitting there watching over his flock of pumpkins!
                     These are the little witches soaring above my dining table.

                                 

                                     I then added some little goblins of my own!

 I decided that those little goblins needed some pumpkins of their own to decorate so it was off to the pumpkin patch, just down the road to find the perfect pumpkins!
                                     Pumpkins as far as your eye could see!
                                 They really had a fascination with the green ones!
                                         Here, Grandma is the perfect one!

                                     This is his perfect one! (It is so little and cute!)
                                Not sure if this spooky guy is safe or not!
                                                   On to the decorating!
                                      Still loving his cute little pumpkin!
                         We just needed a witches hat to put on this witchy pumpkin!

                                    Bugs always make a pumpkin more spooky!
It was fun seeing the creative side of boys, there are no girly pumpkins here!!
                                It was a fun day decorating with pumpkins! Hope you have as much fun as we did with decorating pumpkins!



22 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea - white pumpkins with decorations. And I love how you decorated your dinning room with them. Your table is fabulous. Glad I stuck my head in here today - I enjoyed all your pictures. Thanks!

Kierston Anderson said...

What a fun decorating idea! I think I'm gonna have to get some white pumpkins and paint them too. Absolutely adorable. I'm visiting from Its So Very Cheri. Love your blog, keep up the great work! God Bless. =)

Kierston Shae
http://beautifulmisadventure.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

I really like your felt sign.

The photo essay about the pumpkin patch and pumpkin decorating is fun.

Linda Q said...

Very creative and fun ideas, love it! Fun to see your cute pumpkin pickers in the patch too.
Linda

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Visiting from ITS SO VEY CHERI. Love the white pumpkins and I adore crows! I may have to try this!

Rachel said...

I think we should make a visit to the pumpkin patch a tradition for every year. It was AWESOME! I may have to steal a picture of Ty in his spiderman costume for a post :)
Thanks for the fun time!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

So creative...great centerpiece! I love all the polka dots and your cute goblins. LOL

Anonymous said...

I want your talent, give it to me! J/K. I now feel inspired to do more than what I have done.

LillyB said...

Love this post!!

Neisa said...

Loved the post! I'm hosting a Halloween party for the kids next weekend and now need to add bugs to the list of things for decorating pumpkins. The boys will love it! Thank you also for posting this on my blog and linking up, I greatly appreciate the support.

Anonymous said...

Love the boys' pumpkins! The witch one is so clever! I never thought about gluing bugs or spiders on them. My daughter will probably like that idea.

I love your decor! Love that you used those purple ribbons and put that spider on top of the one pumpkin, so cute and spooky! I also love your polka dots!

Corinna

Steph Jacobson said...

Love the polka dot pumpkins--such a cute idea!

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Love the white and purple! And who can resist polka dots?! Love em!

bookaddict4real said...

This was very clever. You're more than welcome to link up this project on my blog@scrapaddict4sure.com

Sue said...

I absolutely love your table and the decorations on it!!! Your grandkids must think you're the greatest! :) Such fun.

Unknown said...

I love the spider pumpkins-adorable- polka dots rock!!

Unknown said...

Simply spooktacular! Cute boys!

Be Colorful Coastal said...

A great vignette. You had me with the image of the black and white polka dot one. Cute goblins too. :) Thanks for linking to Motivated Monday at Becolorful
Pam

Katie said...

So happy to see you at A Crafty Soiree again! Your multicolored pumpkins are wonderful! I've never seen painted ones with so many different colors and textures added. They look fabulous on your table and I like the whole arrangement. On a side note your kitchen is too cute, love the brick wall! I love the ones your grandsons did, kid's creativity is always great to see. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing you next time too:)

Hanna said...

Hi there! I am your newest follower!! I found you on the weekend linky! I love finding new blogs and your is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

WOW! these pumpkins are great!!! I love your blog title too. SO cute

malia said...

so much great stuff! thanks for joining us at a crafty soiree! how to see more of your creativiity next week!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Donene, those are some of the most festive pumpkins I've ever seen. The more I see white ones used in decorating, the more I'm beginning to like them.

Thanks for linking to my party. It's fun to see what you link up each week.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails