Check out my Etsy shop!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Calling all paper scraps...

I saw an idea like this on studio 5 but it was done with large pieces of paper so I had an idea to make flowers instead and give them to the great ladies I visit teach. I started out with 2 inch strips of paper and cut them 12 inches long. You will need 2 strips for each flower. I then used a paper punch to punch out the flowers and the circles. I think this project is easy enough that you could get kids to help you fold the strips.I used a glue stick to the 2 strips together and then used the glue gun to to glue the circles onto the fan flowers. Be careful to not let the fans invert or you will get a hot glue burn like I did. Hold them in place for a  minute and then glue the wooden shishkabob scewer on the back. Add a little ribbon and a hershey kiss for the center and you have a cute bouquet! I filled the empty chili sauce jars with easter candy,(I knew I saved those cute little jars for something.) and then made a tag and tied some green rafia ribbon around the base. The chocolate pops are just a carmel put on a lollipop stick and dipped in dark chocolate and then I drizzled white chocolate on the top. They are easy peasy and very yummy!

You can make cute ceiling and window hangings with these just make them in a larger size and hang them with fishing line from the window or the ceiling. Have fun using up all of your paper scraps!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They look too cute to eat! I wish you could be my visiting teacher

Rachel said...

Mel took the words right out of my mouth. I want my visiting teachers to bring me that. Maybe Ty and I will try them next week :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails