Check out my Etsy shop!

Sunday, September 11, 2011

I finally refinished it!

I have had this piece  of furniture sitting in my shed since we moved here 11 years ago! I have always liked it and found it at an estate sale about 25 years ago and it was old then, so it is really old now! It originally had a dark finish and it my navy blue loving years I painted it navy blue. It was in a sun room where I used to live and the sun had done some major damage to the paint.  If you look close you can see how bubbled the paint is. Thus, that Is why I have not moved it into my house. I have had the vision of it a creamy white for a long time but not the ambition to strip the paint and start over.

This is why I really like this piece.  It has the cutest cubby hole drawers with the old time labels on the drawers. I decided to just leave the drawers as they were and just strip the rest.

That was a good decision because the stripping process took awhile and there was a lot of paint on this thing. This piece was hand made by someone and the wood that was used looks like it came from different kinds of wood so I really didn't want to leave it natural because of the differences in the wood.

After stripping it, I primed it with a good primer.

Then added 2 coats of "glazed pear", that was the name of the paint but it doesn't really fit the color I think.

I moved it into my guestroom, where I already have a creamy white headboard.

Added some accessories to the top.

Made some new labels for the drawers and put in some of my scrap booking and craft supplies.

I love these little drawers!

I'm sure I will find more to fill it.

I also painted the little stand next to it, it used to be a dark green.

Loving the color.

Fits right in with my black and white guest bedroom.
Glad I finally got around to it!!



9 comments:

my2girlies said...

Oh wow!! The color is gorgeous and I absolutely love those little cubbies. What an incredible addition to your room.

Great job!

Susan
www.lifeondovehollow.blogspot.com

pogonip said...

It came out beautifully! Love those cubbies :)

I paint mismatched wood too. My heirloom cupboard turned out to be my favorite project this summer. Cream outside and apple green in so it makes me smile!

Be Colorful Coastal said...

I covet it. :) Thanks for linking up on Motivated Monday at BeColorful. I will now be linking up to your blog hop. :)
Pam

Kei said...

Wow that looks fantastic! The creamy white colour really works for the piece and suits the dark wood inside beautifully. Gorgeous!

Stephanie said...

That's awesome! I love it and I want one, now! What a great piece!


Stephanie @ http://airforcefamilyadventures.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love this cabinet...I have a weakness for little drawers...I've never seen anything like your piece before. Thanks for hosting and allowing me to link to your site

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Love this piece- it's gorgeous!

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

How fantastic! You did such a fabulous job. Found you via Fireflies and Jellybeans. Toodles, Kathryn http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2011/09/voice-studio.html

Unknown said...

This is amazing! I love your transformation and the piece is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo party.. can't wait to see what you share next!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails