Check out my Etsy shop!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Easy Peasy Cupcakes

Yesterday we received these yummy treats from a friend and I remember making these when my children were little. I had forgotten how cute they are and how yummy they are to eat.  Who doesn't like cupcakes?
I was going to get a picture of the cute bow tied over the top but before I could Mr. Jones found them and couldn't resist. (hence the one missing.)

I put them on a platter and served them for dessert for Sunday dinner.

I couldn't help but smile when I saw them.

They just say spring! After frosting them with lemon butter cream frosting take some kitchen shears and cut a large marshmallow into 4 slices.  Before attaching the marshmallow petals to the cupcake, sprinkle them with any sugar colored sprinkles of your choice. Then stick the petals onto the frosted cupcake and put an M&M on the center for the center of your flower.
Lemon Butter cream frosting:
1/2 cup butter
2 cups of confectioners sugar
1 tsp of lemon extract
1/4 cup of milk
Mix all of ingredients together and beat until creamy.
Frost your cupcakes and enjoy!

They make up quite quickly and the cute flowers look like you really put some extra thought into these cute treats!


Go ahead, make some cupcakes, deliver them to someone you love and watch them smile!

15 comments:

Farah said...

Oh how cute they are ... to day I am also going for Eclairs... and your this post energize me more...Thanks for sharing
Hope you like to visit and love to feel the beauty and fragrance of flowers at
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

Rachel said...

I think I will make those today! They are very cute!

AsylumTanya said...

What a nice friend you have to give you such a cute and thoughtful treat! Thanks for sharing!

no spring chicken said...

I'm so glad that you shared this! It's so simple, yet so festive. This is definitely being copied into my idea book tomorrow morning!

Blessings, Debbie

Cheri said...

Cute and yummy! I love marshmallows.

Judy @ In His Grip said...

I have made these marshmallow flowers for cakes before too. But have never put the colored sugar on them. Great touch.

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

So pretty! What a great idea! I am visiting from Somewhat Simple and I would LOVE if you would kindly link up this awesome idea to my very FIRST Delicately Constructed Fridays; a crafty linky party that starts tomorrow!
Please :)
Have a great day!!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

Allison @ Alli 'n Son said...

These are so cute. You are very creative.

I'd like to invite you to share this recipe on my weekly link-up, Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there! http://alli-n-son.com/2011/05/19/chocolate-chip-muffins/

Unknown said...

I've made these too, and they are so easy and SUPER cute! Love yours!

I would LOVE to have you share this at my For the Kids Link Party! Stop on by and join the fun!

http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/05/for-kids-friday-11.html

Sue said...

Such cute spring cupcakes!

Unknown said...

So glad you stopped in to link up to Make & Share at HOMEmomMADE. Hope you can stop in next week.

Darcie said...

Donene, these cupcakes are adorable!! I found your blog through the live the life blog, and I had to hop over to congratulate you! You look amazing.

Question... do you mind sharing where you got that darling red swimsuit in your one year later picture? Thanks :)

All That Glitters said...

Just wanted to let you know I'm starting the Live the Life program on Monday!! I'm really excited! I've already started my food plan and I really like it! I wanted to start early just to get of the hang of things ahead of time.

Ashley said...

aww these are so cute. i love them, and they look yummy

Alia said...

Hi!

Im your follower

I really like your blog. Nice posts!
Keep up the good work!

Do visit my blog too at
http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails