You may have remembered that I had a flood in my basement in January and after one day of a lot of rain, the window wells filled up and my basement looked like this. If you want to read about it go here!
We tried to save the carpet in the family room but the mud was in the padding and I didn't want that smell and it is almost impossible to get the mud out of the pad.
We did have some wood flooring that can get wet in my exercise room and after cleaning up the mud it looked as good as the day we installed it. After one day of rain and 4 months of work we pulled up the old carpet, repainted, installed new baseboards and replaced the carpet with the hard wood flooring, or I should say hard wood flooring look alike. Luckily we didn't have to replace any dry wall so, I was grateful for that. Are you ready for the after picture???
Finally, it is put back together.
We replaced all of the carpet with the wood flooring and I figured when I got tired of the rugs I could just replace the rugs! This is a big room and it took awhile to lay all of the flooring, the most difficult part was getting a seamless finish that flows into all of the rooms that connect to this room. Mr. Jones did all of the flooring and I did all of the painting. (and putting it all back together.)
I did repaint the fireplace mantel, and I really like it in a lighter color.
I had to re stain these as well because there were water marks and splashes on the bottom of them
I'm loving the lighter walls as well.
I liked these rugs because they bring more light into the basement too.
We redid the floor in the cowboy room and I found this fantastic rug on Overstock and knew it would be the perfect match for this room.
We've added some pink boots since the last time you saw this room.
and there are definitely some more WANTED posters on the wall. (pretty soon there will be 14!)
I'm loving having this floor in the play room, don't think those cowboys will be able to damage much here!
We put new base boards in this room so we had to make the fence a little higher, (that's okay, now the horses won't be able to jump the fence!)
The barbwire fence was just adjusted a little bit. (no, it isn't really barb wire, I found this after Halloween and it is really soft to the touch.)
The cloud room is finally put back together as well. This was the only room that was not flooded so this room was piled to the ceiling with STUFF! ( I should have taken a picture because it pretty much took me a whole day to get everything out of there.)
Oh, it feels so good to have it done!
I will have to show you the 2 bedrooms later, because I haven't got the bed yet,(remember the mattress was flooded and was a big sponge for the flood.)
I have been working outside this week though trying to get rid of all of the ruts the water made through my yard. It feels great to be outside!
Have a great week!